Following the disclosure by the coordinator of Operation Safe Corridor for Repentant Boko Haram militants, Brig-Gen Bamidele Shaffa, that about 800 repentant Boko Haram members will soon arrive Gombe for rehabilitation, the #BringBackOurGirls group has stated that the task ahead of the federal government is to ensure that they are properly rehabilitated.
The group which stated that though many of the Boko Haram members were forced into being members, however said that there was need for deradicalisation in order to make their rehabilitation complete.
Speaking during the sit-out of the group, one of its members, Abubakar Yusuf while commending government for the initiative, urged other Boko Haram members still out there to surrender so as to bring about lasting peace in the North east.
Recall that the coordinator of Operation Safe Corridor for Repentant Boko Haram militants, Brig- Gen Bamidele Shaffa has revealed that about 800 repentant Boko Haram members will soon arrive Gombe for rehabilitation.
Shaffa who spoke on Monday in Gombe during an interactive session with newsmen stated that all the necessary arrangements had been put in place to commence operation at the rehabilitation camp.
According to him, the repentant militants would undergo a de-radicalisation process in the camp, which would prepare them to go back to their various communities.
Shaffa who said about 14 federal government agencies, including security personnel, would work in the camp added that former militants would be trained in 12 different trades and vocations.
Shaffa also stated that the National Directorate of Employment would provide all the facilities for the training.
Also speaking, the Director General of the National Emergency Management Agency(NEMA) Malam Muhammed Sani-Sidi, said the agency would provide food and other items for the trainees.