The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, said on Wednesday that a total amount of $2 million and N17 million were stolen from his palace on October 21, 2020, during the invasion of his residence following last year’s #EndSARS protests.
In a report by the Punch newspaper, Oba Akiolu said this on Wednesday during the commissioning of Glover Hall Memorial in Lagos.
“Many buildings were burnt, including vehicles used to generate income. I can now say publicly that they stole $2 million and N17 million from my palace,” said, the Monarch.
He stressed that the hoodlums, who broke into his palace and stole money and other precious items, “would not have done that if they knew the implication.
“But as a father, I won’t place any curse on them,” he said.