As the nation awaits the screening of the 21 ministerial nominees by the Senate, Vanguard presents list of former public offices held by some of them
ABDULRAHMAN BELLO DAMBAZAU
- AIDE DE CAMP TO CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF (1979)
- COMMANDED MILITARY POLICE UNITS & SERVED AS SPECIAL INVESTIGATOR (1984 – 1985)
- REGISTRAR, NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (1993 – 1999)
- CHIEF INSTRUCTOR, SUPPORT WEAPON WING OF THE INFANTRY CENTRE & SCHOOL (1999 – 2001)
- DIRECTING STAFF AT NATIONAL WAR COLLEGE (2004 – 2006)
- GENERAL OFFICER COMMANDING (GOC) 2ND DIVISION, IBADAN (2007 – 2008)
- CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF (2008 – 2010)
- CHAIRMAN OF CPC SECURITY COMMITTEE (2011)
DIRECTOR IN CHARGE OF INTELLIGENCE & SECURITY OF THE APC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN (2015)
CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI
- Active member of the National Union of Rivers State students NURSS and National Association of Nigerian Students NANS.
- Secretary, Defunct Nigerian Republican Convention, IkwerreLG
- State Caretaker Committee Secretary, Democratic Party of Nigeria.
- Special Assistant to then Rivers State Deputy Governor 1992 – 1994
- Speaker, Rivers State House of Assembly
- Chairman, Conference of Speakers
- Governor, Rivers State 2007 – 2015
- Chairman, Nigerian Governor’s Forum
Director General, All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Committee
KAYODE FAYEMI JOHN
- Director, Policy, Strategy and Research Directorate, APC Presidential Campaign Council, 2015
- Chairman, APC’s Presidential Primaries Convention Committee, 2014
- Member, APC Strategy Committee, 2013-14
- Founding Chairman, Progressive Governors’ Forum, 2013.
- Policy Adviser, Ekiti State Government, 1999 – 2003
- Adviser, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Transition Team, Lagos State, 1999
- Policy Adviser, Engineer Gbenga Daniel’s Transition Team, Ogun State, 2003 Member, Steering Committee, West African Civil Society Forum (www.wacsof.org) Board Member, Open Society Justice Initiative, New York, USA (www.justiceinitiative.org)
- Member, International Advisory Board, Global Network on Security Sector Reform, UK (www.gfn-ssr.org)
- Member, International Advisory Board, Commonwealth Policy Studies Unit, London, UK (www.cpsu.org)
- Board Member, Baobab for Women’s Human Rights, Lagos, Nigeria (www.baobabforwomen.org) Board
- Member, Centre for Constitutional Governance, Lagos, Nigeria
- Member, Advisory Board, African Security Dialogue & Research, Accra, Ghana
- Board Member & Secretary, Media Empowerment for Africa (MEFA) – 1995-97
- Chair, New Nigeria Forum – 1994 – 1997
- Overseas Representative, Campaign for Democracy, Nigeria 1992 – 1996
- Board Member, Lewisham Regeneration Challenge Board, UK – 1991 – 1992
Secretary, Lagos Branch, Christ’s School, Ado Ekiti Old Students Association,
- Dalung joined the Prisons Service as a Prison Assistant in 1982 and rose to the rank of Assistant Inspector of Prisons.
- Following his training as an attorney, he was moved to the Legal Department at Prisons Headquarters Abuja in year 2004 where he served as Legal Officer II in the prisons headquarters prior to retirement in December of that same year.
- Personal Assistant to Chief Solomon Lar,CON, when Lar was appointed as Adviser Emeritus to President Olusegun Obasanjo. This job lasted until 2003.
- In 2004, he took up an appointment with the Faculty of Law of the University of Jos as a lecturer. As a lecturer, he has had the opportunity of attending leadership trainings courtesy international Human Rights Organizations.
- In 2007, he was appointed the Chairman of Langtang South Local Government Area the same year. As Chairman of Langtang South, he also served as the Plateau State Deputy Chairman and later Chairman of the Association of Local Government Chairmen of Nigeria (ALGON). His tenure as the Chairman ended in may 2008.
- Member of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) and also a member Members Of Buhari’s Transitional Commitee
- He made an attempt at representing Langtang North and South at the National Assembly but lost.
Abdur-Raheem Adebayo Shittu
- Bayo Shittu was an Honourable Member of the Oyo State House of Assembly in the Second Republic and he was there between October 1979 and September, 1983
- Bayo Shittu was the Oyo State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Home Affairs (in the Olunloyo administration) Between October and December, 1983
- Bayo Shittu was the attorney General and Oyo State Commissioner for Justice (in the Ladoja government)
- Bayo Shittu was a member of the National Political Reforms Conference in 2005
Sen. Sirika Hadi
- Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, represents Katsina North Senatorial District 2011-2015 CPC/APC
Member: Federal House of Representatives. 2003. 2007
Ibrahim Usman Jibril
- Instructor in Map Reading with the Nigerian Army School of Artillery, Kachia – Kaduna state, Nigeria, N.Y.S.C
- Secretary of the Technical Committee on Rural Lands within the FCT,
- Land Use and Allocation Committee of the FCT
- Task term on Computerization of the Cadastral and Land Registry of the FCT Which led to the establishment of Abuja Geographic Information Systems (AGIS), a body that is the only official source of geospatial information for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja – Nigeria.
- Ministerial Committee for the Appraisal of Physical Planning and Development Issues within the FCT
- Nasarawa Geographic Information System (NAGIS) Project Manager,
- Abuja Geological Information Service (AGIS) Staff
- Development Control Abuja Deputy Director
- Gov Al-makura cabinet SSA NAGIS
Hon. (Dr.) Ahmed Musa Ibeto
- He was elected Chairman of the then Magama Local Government under the zero party system.
- He was the State Chairman of the National Republican Convention (NRC) Party in 1990
- He was elected as the State Secretary of the National Republican Convention from 1990 to 1992.
- He was the State Secretary of the defunct United Nigeria Centre Party (UNCP), as well as that of the All Nigeria Peoples’ Party (ANPP) between the years of 1995 to 1996 and 1998 to 1999 respectively.
- Ahmed Musa Ibeto was from 1999 to 2003 appointed Senior Special Assistant on Protocol Matters to the immediate past Governor.
- He contested and won election into the Federal House of Representatives in 2003 under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He was the deputy to Governor Aliyu from 2007 – 2015
i) SENIOR MANAGER, PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
(ii) CHAPELHILL DENHAM
COMMISSIONER FOR FINANCE, OGUN STATE
BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA
o Chief of Staff to former governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu
o Honourable Commissioner to the Governor’s office
o Secretary of the Lands Sub-Committee of the Transitional Work Groups 1999
o Panel Member on allocation of houses on Mobolaji Johnson Housing Scheme Lekki
o Member of the State Tenders Board- 2002-2006
o Member of the State Security Council – 2002-2006
o Chairman Ad-Hoc Committee on Review of Asset distribution among LGs
- Executive governor of Lagos State between 2007 – 2015.
Engineer Suleiman Adamu (Hussein)
- Principal Consultant with Afri-Projects Consortium, Management Consultants to the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund, where he was actively involved in the planning and preparation of several national infrastructural projects in the health, education, transportation, agriculture, water resources and energy sectors.
- At implementation stage he served as Project Manager on several projects, notably under the PTF Urban/Semi-Urban, Regional and Rural Water Supply Programmes, National Farm Power Machinery Rehabilitation Programme and National Waterways Development Project (Dredging of River Niger).
- Seconded to Afri-Projects Consortium (APC) under a special IEA/APC partnering agreement as Principal Consultant and Head of Planning, Directorate of Engineering Services, for the PTF Management Consulting service. Was actively involved in the planning, coordination and management of the following PTF programmes.
AMINA J. MOHAHMMED
- ONGOING: SPECIAL ADVISER OF THE UNITED NATION’S SECRETARY GENERAL ON POST-2015 DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- ONGOING: CEO/FOUNDER, CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT POLICY SOLUTION
- ONGOING: ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK
- 2006 – 2012: SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO NIGERIAN PRESIDENT, MILLENIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- 2002 – 2005: COORDINATOR, TASK FORCE ON GENDER & EDUCATION UNITED NATIONS MILLENNIUM PROJECT
- 1991 – 2001: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, AFRI-PROJECTS CONSORTIUM; ENGINEERING FIRM
- 1981 –1991: ARCHON NIGERIA
ABUBAKAR MALAMI (SAN)
- NATIONAL LEGAL ADVISER, CPC
- CHAIRMAN LEGAL TEAM, CPC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION (2011)
- CHAIRMAN LEGAL TEAM, CPC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION (2011)
- MEMBER, PDP LEGAL TEAM, ELECTION PETITION (2003)
- MEMBER, KANO STATE LG ELECTION TRIBUNAL (2004)
- RESOURCE PERSON, MANIFESTO DRATING SUB-COMMITTEE OF THE INTER-PARTY MERGER COMMITTEES OF THE CPC, ACN, ANPP, APGA, DPP TOWARDS TO FORMATION OF THE APC
- MEMBER, NATIONAL CONVENTION AND CONGRESS COMMITTEE (2013)
- MEMBER, APC ELECTORAL COMMITTEE FOR ANAMBRA STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION (2013)
- MEMBER, KEBBI STATE COMMITTEE ON FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF 2013
- CHAIRMAN, APC KANO STATE CONGRESS APPEALS COMMITTEE (MAY 2014)
- MEMBER, APC CONSTITUTION SUB-COMMITTEE (JUNE 2014)
Aisha Jumai Al-Hassan
- She became the Attorney General and the commissioner for Justice, Taraba State. 1997
- She was appointed the Chief Magistrate in FCT. 1996.
- She was oncea Magistrate Grade II in Kaduna State 1988
- She got the appointment of being FCT Judicial Service Committee Secretary 2002
- Retired from the FCT Judiciary as Chief Registrar 2009.
- After she retired from service she went into private business and then Politics.
- She was the Senator representing Taraba North Senatorial District in the 7th National Assembly From April 2011 – April 2015