The Federal Government has shortlisted 550,000 applicants for the final selection for Batch C of the N-Power programme, through its National Social Investment Management System.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouq, made this known at a press briefing on Tuesday.
She noted that the Central Bank of Nigeria would support Batch A and B beneficiaries who had earlier completed the N-Power programme with credit facilities including small loans.
She also said the 550,000 short-listed applicants will be individually contacted through the e-mail addresses provided by them.
The minister noted that applicants had been advised to log on to the NASIMS self-service portal to enrol their biometric data which would qualify them for the final selection.
“500,000 will be finally selected nationwide to serve as the first stream of the N-Power Batch C programme. This is the Batch C1. The second batch of another 500,000 will subsequently be made in line with Mr President’s directive to engage 1,000,000 beneficiaries under the Batch C,” she said.
While fielding questions from newsmen about support exited N-Power beneficiaries, the minister said, “Very soon the CBN will support many of them who have shown interest in one vocational skill programme or small business with soft loans.”