On June 6, LEAK TIMES did a report on President Muhammadu Buhari’s plan to reopen the $182-million Halliburton bribery scandal, where powerful political figures in Nigeria were indicted.
The motive behind the resurrection of the case was reported as being based on the request of the United States government.
Before leaving Nigeria for a visit to Washington on July 19, President Buhari was reported to have ordered that the case-file of the scandal be prepared.
LEAK TIMES has obtained detailed report on how the bribe which included former President Olusegun Obasanjo, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, Late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, former Head of State, General Abdulsalam Abubakar, the son of the Emir of Kano, Prince N. A Bayer alongside many others was shared.
See Beneficiaries Below:
• 1994-1995, Late Gen. Sani Abacha collected $40 Million USD
• 1996-1998, Chief Dan Etete collected $2.5 Million USD
• 1996-1998, M.D. Yusuf collected $75,000 USD
• March/June 1998, Grety Overseas UK and Riser Brothers collected $1,120,000 USD
• 1998, Abulkadir Abacha collected $1,887,000 USD
• 1999-2000, Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar and Chief Don Etiebet collected $37.5 Million USD
• March 1999, Prince N. A. Bayero and Glosmer Int. (Risers Brothers) collected $600,000 USD
• March 1999, Edith Unuigbe $290,000 USD
• March 1999, Zertasha Malik and Gret Overseas (Risers Brothers) collected $600,000 USD
• 1999-2000, Messr Shinkafi, Aliyu and Glosmer Int. Risers Brothers) collected $195,000 USD
• 2001-2002, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Atiku Abubakar, Gaius Obaseki and Funsho Kupolokum collected $74 Million USD
• 2001-2002, Bodunde Adeyanju collected $5 Million USD
• 2001-2002, Ibrahim Aliyu, Urban Shelter and Intercellular collected $11.700,000 USD
• 2001-2002, M.G. Bakare collected $3,108,675 USD
Source: Leak Times